Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Day The Fog Lifted

 This golden thread was woven in Galveston,  TX where we were invited to join friends, Clayton and Glenna at Victorian Apartments where they were staying for a week.  The lovely apartment s overlooked the ocean

On our first morning there I was up about 6:30am.  I took my bible and devotional books on the little patio.  It was very relaxing and peaceful although a heavy fog completely hid the ocean.  Glenna said the heavy fog had been there ever since they had arrived a day or so before.

When Glenna joined me, she commented on the fog and I, speaking of the ocean said, "But I believe it's there!  We can't see it but it's there!". Glenna went back inside and I continued to write. I  raised my head, looked toward the ocean and to my astonishment the fog had completely lifted!  I called Glenna.  She was as surprised as I was.  She said "Well isn't that odd?"

I said, "Perhaps there will come a time in the future when We will need to remember how in a moment's time the fog was lifted and there before our very eyes was the ocean we so wanted to see.

That time did come!  Two years later Glenna received the news that she had two types of lymphoma.

I wrote a letter to our friends reminding them of the fog in Galveston.  And I added that once again we were standing before the fog and so wanting to see it lifted and behold the glory of God's healing touch. I ended the letter with one of Claytons favorite scripture

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."

Glenna and Clayton walked by faith unable to see what  the results would be but when the fog lifted it revealed Glenna was cancer free! To God be the glory!

With all that is happening in our world today the future looks frightening .  But just as sure as we were of the ocean being behind the fog that day in Galveston , we know that Jesus is there, and in my mind I can almost see Him, arms outstretched and saying, "Fear not for "lo I am with you even until the end of the world."



golden thread (two) 1995

,