Monday, April 19, 2021

Magnify

I was sitting in my brothers library  and looking at the many books that filled each shelf.
I particularly took note that He had the complete works of  "The Story Of Civilization" by Will Durant.  I thought how the immensity of knowledge for just the planet Earth was astounding. And yet, in the galaxy, Earth  looks like a small marble almost lost in space.  

Even more astounding,  the creator of the Universe looks down and sees me!  One person at a time! He reaches His hand to me and says, "I am your Father - You are my child!" It's all too wonderful for me to understand.  I can't understand!

Through the years countless songs, poems and books have been written from the heart of man his desire to express the impossible... the love of God and the plan of salvation.  I, too, have tried to express these feelings.  And yet I know that
No song has been written
No melody heard
That can fully explain the great love of God
For it goes higher than man has ever gone
And it goes farther than the mind can comprehend
This great love, everlasting love of our God.