Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hope

Hope reaches out in darkness . . . and touches God.

I love the word HOPE!
When hope touches God, there is a peace that cannot be explained. This peace gives the faith and assurance that God is in control and that His sweet will is far better than anything we could ask for.
When my daughter was so very ill we were praying and hoping for her healing. Then came the day when hope touched God and that unexplainable peace filled my heart and mind and soul. Things did not go as I prayed, yet when God's peace came, I could lift my head and give praise and honor and glory knowixng that God "holds the whole world in His hands."
Less than a year ago my older brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. How frightened I was when I was told the news. I prayed and hoped and prayed and hoped then once again the peace came and I knew that God's will was being done. He lived only a few weeks after the diagnosis but I had several wonderful visits and talks with him, while he was in the hospital. And even though I miss both my daughter and brother more than I can convey, the peace remains.
I have a younger brother that over three years ago, underwent surgery for a serious type of cancer on his face, close to the eye in the temple area. We were all so frightened and things looked somber but the surgery went well and the surgeon gave him as much as a 90 or 95% survival rate. Each year he has had PET Imaging and last week he had his third image. Two of the doctors had released him, and seemed confident that the cancer had been eradicated. But this PET image shows something on the brain that wasn't there before and he is scheduled for an MRI in the morning that will be more accurate in the characterization of any malignancy. We as well as the doctor was taken by surprise yet Hope remains that the MRI will not reveal cancer.
I am praying for God's will and praying for God's peace. I am not there yet. I do not have the peace that I long to have. . not yet. I am still reaching in the darkness to touch God. As I write, my heart hurts so deeply. And my brother and his wife are suffering greatly.
And so this post is just to say that I covet your prayers for my younger brother that I love so very, very much. He has been a strength and help in our family for many years and now he needs our strength and support. . . and God's peace. . . the peace that only He can give!
Here are the words of a song that keeps going through my mind.

"God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way."
Don Moen


I'm holding to that!