Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Upper Window


"A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above." Genesis 6:16


When God spoke unto Noah, and told him to build the ark,
The Lord knew well the vessel would cheerless be and dark,
So God said, "Build a window, with outlook toward the sky,
That when it's dark and lonesome, you'll see Me standing by.

"The storms will come, but fear not, oh, children, I am nigh,
And through the upper window, you'll see Me standing by.

"It may be that affliction will rack and rend your frame,
Until your mortal body is seared with fevered flame;
But do not be discouraged, just lift your tear-dimmed eye,
And through the upper window, you'll see Me standing by.

"Perhaps you'll suffer losses, like houses, land, and gold,
And you will feel you're homeless, and penniless, and old;
But sweetest peace and comfort will lift your painful sigh,
When through the upper window, you'll see Me standing by.

It may be that bereavement will take a loved one dear,
A soul that brought you gladness, real happiness and cheer;
But it will cheer your sad heart, when loved ones from you fly,
When through the upper window, you'll see Me standing by.

"The storms will come, but fear not, oh, children, I am nigh,
And through the upper window, you'll see Me standing by."
Words by John Bieri

Our nation is in perilous times with storm clouds gathering all around But the same God that said to Noah, "Come thou and all thy house into the ark. . ." speaks to us in the present generation. He will keep us in His love and watchful care as we place our trust in Him.

15 comments:

Robin Lambright said...

Thanks for the reminderand the lifting up. You are so right, when things are uncertian our source of strength is the steadfastness of our Heavenly Father. We will miss you, but I totally understand your desire to step away. I will pray that your time of rest from blogging will be fruitful. We will miss you!
Blessings
R

ancient one said...

Okay Mary, take a break... thanks for leaving us such good advise.. Keep Looking Up!

skoots1mom said...

so glad to hear you're still out there...
Will be praying for your rest time to be very rejuvenating and freeing. Blogging is fun but it can become stressful and we can put too much emphasis on it.
I was reading yesterday about the number of people still missing from the storm--my heart breaks for their choices and for their families. I had no idea there were still over 400 people missing...that just overwhelms my thoughts.

Praying God's peace for those suffering through grief and not knowing...our nation opening their hearts and eyes and turning back to God, from whence this nation was formed (even though a lot of people don't like to admit that from history)...Lord, forgive us for not seeking you as a nation with our whole hearts...change the hearts of your people, let us share our knowledge of you with all those we come in contact either by our words or our deeds.
Watch over Mary and her husband and give them wonderful rest and time to enjoy You in Your fullness!
love ya "shining Mary"!

From the Heart said...

Mary,
So good to hear from you. Your post was great. It seems that God is speaking to me through everyone's post that I have visited today. I really needed to know that God is near.

Thanks for letting us know that you will not be posting for a while. I have wondered and thought about you so much. You will be in my prayers and will look forward to your return.
God be with you and give you rest,
AliceE.

Plant Lady said...

Mary,

Everyone needs some R & R every now and then. Take care and hope to hear from you later.

Blessings,
Plant Lady

Denise said...

Rest my friend, I love you.

Cyndy said...

I have missed you and will miss you. Your posts always help me get my focus back where it ought to be...right on my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you for your faithfulness and may God richly bless you!

Sheryl said...

Oh, Mary what great words. Thank you for sharing them with us. I needed that reminder that He will be right there.

You're right about our nation. We must commit to pray. God is waiting for us to turn to Him.

Glad to hear from you as I was one that was concerned. I will truly miss you. You've become a dear friend to me. You're a source of encouragment. May your time away be exactly what you need. I pray that we will hear from you again.

Love you-
Sheryl

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Much love, Mary, to you. Thank you for serving us so diligently over these past months with your gracious words of wisdom and encouragement. I wish you God's blessings in your pause and pray that his abundant goodness and joy be your portion.

I feel so blessed to have had you in my life during this season; I hope that our paths might cross one day soon. If not here, friend, then there.

I love your heart, friend, and I will miss you. As always,

peace for the journey~elaine

Coffee Bean said...

I will miss your thoughtful and inspiring posts but completely understand the need to step away. I will keep you in my prayers!

Paula (SweetPea) said...

Thanks, Mary, for reminding me and prompting me via email to come read this.

What reassurance it brings when God's speaks in repetition...that is when He speaks the same message to His children in hopes that we will receive it as He desires.

May I have the strength to persevere like Noah did even when things look so bleak and unknown in many areas of my life.

Ironic how when our personal lives are in such an uproar that huge things like the stability of the economy seem to be nothing but a simple drop in our storm.
Love ya,
Paula

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Mary
(((HUgz I miss *U*)))) But I know we all need to take a break and regroup with our lives. I know I just took a break and just wanted to be still. please let me know when you are back okay..

Luv ya Lorie

Renie Burghardt said...

We really need to remember this message, ore than ever now!

I hope you are doing well, Mary, and will be ready to update soon.

Take good care, thanks for visiting and God bless!

Renie

From the Heart said...

Just a note to let you know I miss you and am praying you are getting the rest you need. You are still on My Bloggers list so I will know when your back.
I look forward to hearing from you again,
AlliceE.

skoots1mom said...

Hope this finds you doing fine...
miss you...