Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th Of July Celebration!



This is an "extra" post! Yesterday we celebrated the 4th of July with a delightful great grandson that was born on Independence Day. I asked him how old he was and he said he was "free." (three) Well, it's good to be "free" when you are three! It's good to be "free" whatever your age may be!
The first picture is Hunter who has entered the world of golf! :)
(A cutout of him on the cake)
Younger brother Tyler will be two in Sept. He, too, is such a joy!
Heavenly father, we do not take our freedom lightly! May the leaders and people of our beloved America continue to affirm, "one nation under God" and "in God we trust." You are our hope our only hope for seeing the new generation continuing to enjoy the blessings of
freedom.

8 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Mary,

Hunter and Tyler look as if they are full of energy! I know you enjoyed spending the 4th with them. It's great to be "free" when you're three!

Glad you had a great day!

Love,
Plant Lady

Sheryl said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing those pictures with all of us. It is great to be "free", isn't it?

Love,
Sheryl

From the Heart said...

Mary,
Such handsome little boys. I miss my girls and my grandson and granddaughter as babies. They are so sweet when babies. Of course I love them all dearly now but there are times I long for my babies, just to cuddle them one more time. I would lay my oldest daughter on my shoulder and she would snuggle up to my neck. If I put her in bed with us she would end up snuggled next to me.

I read your other post also. It was great and Happy Belated Anniversary. I'm sorry I didn't post the day I read it. You are such a sweet lady.
God bless you and your family,
AliceE.

Paula (SweetPea) said...

Mary, cute kids. You are blessed.
Love,
Paula

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, love the pictures.

skoots1mom said...

they are precious and I know you had a wonderful time being with them...

Psalm 103:16-18 ...the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children- with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts."

Tracy said...

What adorable little guys...how fun that you got to spend 4th of July with them!

HisServant said...

He's so cute! What a treat for them that they got to see you and Uncle Curtis!