Monday, June 2, 2008

It's Good To Be Back!


Camping was great. . .
and I may write about "my world of camping" in a later post but for now I would like to share with you what is on my heart concerning blogging.

I have been undecided about what to do, although I realized that I needed to make some changes. I came to the conclusion that trying to post every day was just too stressful. And I think to blog should be something that brings joy and satisfaction as we share our thoughts and activities with others. So, I plan to post once a week, at least for now, on Monday's. . . starting today!

After reading my post, I encourage you to go to Beth's blog, "A Mom's Life" and read about miracles that are posted every Monday, also. Just click the "Miracle Monday" button to the right.

Having others to share miracles in their life is something that Beth felt God leading her to do. I have read each one of the miracles and have been blessed and I think you will too! I don't even remember how I found Beth's blog; perhaps it was the hand of God. I just know I feel so good about telling you of Beth's "Miracle Monday."

Even though I have not posted in over two weeks, I have continued to read many other blogs. There are over 2,000 members on The Christian Women Online Blogroll! Yet it seems to come down to drawing a circle and deciding which ones to place in the circle to become like "family." Perhaps God directs, I don't know. But I know that we are drawn to certain blogs to read on a regular basis.

I also have friends that read my post but do not blog or comment. Each of you are also in my "family" circle. Thanks for visiting my blog. . . I appreciate you, each and every one!

There have been several families mentioned in the last couple of weeks that are grieving over the loss of a child:

Five year old Marie Sue, daughter of Steven and Mary Beth Chapman
Selah's Todd Smith and wife Angie, in the death of baby Audrey
Todd's sister Nicol (who sang in Selah) the loss of son, Luke
Vickie Nigeria, who wrote in Rachel Owen's blog about the loss of her fourteen year old son.

And so, the following poem is for every parent that is in grief over the loss of a child or to someone you may know that is grieving. This poem meant so much to our family when we suffered the loss of our teenage son.

"I'll Lend You A Child

By Edgar Guest

"I'll lend you for a little time a child of mine," He said.
For you to love - while he lives
And mourn for when he's dead.

It may be six or seven years
Or twenty-two or three,
But will you, till I call him back,
Take care of him for Me?

He'll bring his smiles to gladden you,
And should this stay be brief
You'll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,
Since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there
I want this child to learn.

I've looked this world over
In search for teachers true,
And from the throngs that crowd
Life's lanes, I have selected you.

Now will you give him all our love,
Nor count the labor vain,
Nor hate Me when I come to call to
take him back again?"

I fancied that I heard them say,
"Dear Lord, Thy will be done,
For all the joy Thy child shall bring.

The risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness,
We'll love him while we may,
And for the happiness we've known
Forever grateful stay.

But should the angels call for him
Much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that come
And try to understand.


Monday's Quote:
Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worth while, so when you are lonely, remember this is true. Somebody, somewhere is thinking of you.
Author Unknown


I would like to make you aware of the Contest on "The Righteous Buzz" blog. This is National Dystonia Awareness Week and if you go to this blog, you will learn more about this disease and you can enter the contest. The prize is a 25.00 card for Starbuck's!!!

www.righteousbuzz.blogspot.com




















17 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Mary,
I'm glad you're back! I trust you had a great time on the camping trip.

I know what you mean when you say you cannot post each day. I started out fine, but as the weeks went on, I seemed to have trouble coming up with material for my posts. Sometimes, it came easy and sometimes it was more difficult. I just started to tell of my everyday experiences if it was especially eventful that day.

Anyway, I have become busier with the garden, farm, and all and I have told everyone I probably would just post on the weekends.

This schedule is better for me right now. I do find time to visit other blogs and will occasionally post a comment on those in our "circle" of friends from Rachel's Bible Study site.

I hope to get back to everyday posts when I finish the "blueberry" season with my Dad.
It has been hectic with long hours and when I do get home, I am pooped!

I hope to talk to you again soon!
Plant Lady

skoots1mom said...

you've touched me with the miracles and the "little angels"...
I need to blog about my history with my angel...that went to be in heaven when I was only 13 weeks pregnant. "I called it peanut"...so little and special because it was my first pregnancy.
And you see, my husband believes in his heart it was a girl.
One day while having one of the many "girl talks" with my daughter, I told her what happened with "peanut" and how sometimes pregnancies end early--but that I believed in my heart it's soul is with her creator in Heaven.

My child became teary-eyed knowing she really did have a sibling and then God gave me a miracle...my daughter asked if she could name her.
Oh, what a sweet blessing, to see her love for her sister. This had never crossed my mind to name her, and God gave it to my second daughter to give to me...
I cherish and envision one day, when we get to Heaven, we'll be able to call her by name in front of Jesus...
then we'll have her for eternity!

Coffee Bean said...

What a lovely post. That poem is beautiful. I will definitely be back next Monday.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog... as it has directed me to yours!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Mary:
I'm glad you're back from camping! I had a feeling it was more then tents and campfires.

Blogging can be exhausting. I've had to do some rethinking in the matter myself. So here's what I want you to know. Whenever you want to stop over for a visit, please come. However, only come as your heart leads. Not out of compulsion because I visit yours. I like what you have to say, and I think your input is invaluable.

You are a treasure trove of Godly wisdom, sweet lady, and I will keep visiting on Mondays for as long as the pen finds your hand.

Be blessed and as always,
peace for the journey~elaine

Beth said...

Thanks for spreading the word about Miracle Monday. I am trying to figure out how to get the word out there so we can get more people to post Miracles.

Cyndy said...

Hi Mary!
I'm glad you are back. I too struggle with how much blogging I should do. It can take away from other more important things that need to happen.
I think you've taken a very balanced approach to it and I'm really glad you aren't stopping altogether!
Hugs, Cyndy

Jennifer said...

Mary,

I found your blog through Rachel Olsen....and was so touched by the poem. Thank you for sharing it. Our sweethearted teenager went home to Heaven 22 months ago. It is amazing all the different ways God uses to help heal our hearts - including the blog community. I am so blessed to be Tyler's mom...that God allowed us to have him for almost 14 years. Thanks for your thoughts.

Jennifer

Robin Lambright said...

Skoots1mom and I are close friends. She and I have just entered into the blogging world a few months ago. I can completely understand you desire for balance and also getting rid of some stress. I usually manage to post every few days. I don’t stress about it (or I try not to) because I usually know when God is prompting me to put a post together. I have enjoyed reading your insightful words. I will continue to stop by to see what God is placing on your heart. It is a wonderful God we serve and it is amazing to see how He is using this unique tool in the lives of so many.

P.S. I’m glad your back and I hope you had a wonderful camping trip. My family and I used to go camping all the time when my children were little. We loved it and I do miss it from time to time. Maybe we will be able to get back to it some day.

Coffee Bean said...

Hey, I am trying to get the word out about something and having a little contest on my blog. Please come check it out if you can!

Joyfulsister said...

Aloha, Mary I enjoyed my visit to your blog, Wow it's such a blessing to see wonderful couples married for many years.. My parents are also my inspiration on not giving up in a marriage, good or bad. I enjoyed this post, I promised myself if I found no more joy in blogging it would be time to stop, I never want to become an overwhelming stressful thing to do. I'll be back to read more..
God Bless Lorie

JnL4God said...

Mary,

Yahoo! You're back and you haven't stopped blogging at least all together. I am so glad I'm in your circle of friends, I have the blogs I visit regularly (yes you're in them) in my favorites but I should link them over there on the side like you did. You're so smart.

Yes Blogging daily can be hard and it seems I'm down to once or twice a week, especially with work and hubby and family.

Glad you're back.
Hugs and Blessings
Lynn

Paula (SweetPea) said...

Mary, looks like your decision has been well received and understood by all. Yet, we all are glad you are shutting down your blog.

You are a treasure, sweet friend.

You know I don't post every day but I just had to post again today so close to my Monday post. If you have time, stop by and you'll see why.

God is SOOOOOOOO good. Good, I tell ya.
Love,
Paula

Robin Lambright said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment. Just a little FYI. The picture on the header on my blog is from Callaway Gardens, it a few hours away from where we live in a town called Pine Mountain, It is an absolutely beautiful place. If you ever get the chance to go there I highly recommend it. Especially in the spring when all the azaleas are in bloom.

http://www.callawaygardens.com/

Our family took a day trip up in the spring and it was so breath taking.
See you in the blogosphere.
R

Sheryl said...

Well I posted a comment on another post, now I've read through them all. The title of you blog is very appropriate, you do keep the light shining. That is obvious! I look forward to getting to know you better, see you soon.

-Sheryl

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Mary~~
Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words, Isn't the ocean such a place of healing, I go there often when I just need to be alone with the Lord. I'm blessed to hear it also brings back special memories of your dear sweet Rose. Just think of the joy she had when searching for her treaures of sand dollars upon the sand. Hugz Lorie

HOPE said...

Mary...thank you so much for visiting my blog and sending such a sweet note of encouragement..you brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.

Thank you for this wonderful POEM...

I plan to come back as time permits..

God bless you!
HOPE

From the Heart said...

Mary, Thank you for visiting my blog. I went also and read through the songs and when I finished I felt totally at peace and content. The Lord really blessed me. He is so good and wonderful. Without Him I would not be here today.
God bless,
AliceE.