Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Maria



Don't you love to be around someone that is always cheerful, enjoys life and enjoys being with you? My niece, Maria, would fit that mold. When I am with her she makes me feel I am one of the most special people in her life. She has that exceptional ability to see and feel and captivate things all around her. She writes down what she calls her "Daily Dozen." She has shared some of these with me and now I share one with you:


"While at Wal-Mart with two friends, my register lady was the fastest so I got to sit on a bench and read a magazine waiting for the other girls. I looked up and saw a man reach down and pick the head of a red carnation off the floor and give it to his wife who was walking five feet behind him surrounded by their four sons. He bowed, gave her the piece of flower and she blushed. It was sweet to watch. Made me smile."


Today enjoy the "little things" that are all around you. Look for them. . . cherish them. . . for these little things are the "stuff" of life.

8 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Good Morning Mary,
Maria sounds like someone that is always a joy to be around. I know you are very proud of her and she seems to see the beauty in "Simple Things." Isn't it wonderful that God puts "contentment" in our lives?

I love the "Daily Dozen"! What a beautiful picture! It goes right along with our Bible Study about Solomon and his love for the Shulamite woman. Taken further, it shows the love of Christ for His bride, the Church. Can't you just see Christ presenting the carnation to His "pure and spotless" bride? Beautiful!

Well, I'm off to work. I'll be joining in on the bible study around 8:00 pm. I'll be at work until 6:00, then we have Wednesday night service at church.

I'll say a prayer for your niece in her endeavors!

Have a blessed day!

Plant Lady

SweatPea said...

Hi Mary. I found your blog through someone else's blog and I believe I've posted on it once before. I have your blog stored in "my favorites" as one of them that I visit daily. How precious this was...the small acts of love are just so endearing.
Come visit me sometime. I just started my blog last week but God has really inspired me on what to write. I wrote a piece last night and will post it today shortly.
Hope to see you soon.
Sweet Pea
hisways-isaiah558.blogspot.com

SweatPea said...

Mary, thanks for stopping by and sharing your story. I left a message on my blog comments for you but didn't know if you'd be back to see it.

Was the "Christmas Miracles" a movie or more like a 60 minutes documentary? I would love to see it but it probably isn't retrievable, huh?

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Mary:
I had a moment with my beautician this morning. We talked about hearing the voice of God within and how precious these moments are to us. I love boasting in the Lord with a sister. I'm am learning to treasure such moments.

peace~elaine

Hadassah said...

Hi Mary!

I don't usually do this, but after I read your profile, and saw how long you have been married...I'm doing it anyway!

I'd like to ask/beg you to come over to a blog that is part of a project I am working on. If you click through my name, it is the blog called The Titus Two Project.

A dear young Christian friend of mine is getting married, and I am asking Christian, married women to share their advice with her.

I would be so blessed if you would participate! Feel free to post anonymously if you would prefer.

Mary said...

sweetpea, it was a TV presentation for a Christmas special and this was in 1996. But I do plan to post the story later that was published in the Houston Chronicle.

mary

Mary said...

hadassah, I appreciate your asking me to participate in the project you are working on. I read just about all the comments in the Titus Two project and it seems you have received a good response. I will sure give it some thought and will add comments as they come to mind.

Mary said...

plant lady, I love the things that you said in connection to the "Daily Dozen." Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. That was beautiful!

mary